Friday, February 27, 2009

The Absolute Best Thing Ever!

Ok, I know I already called something the best thing ever. It is true the nougat was wonderful but I have discovered a French delicacy that deserves the superlative even more.
Voilà! Le Macaron de Herme!
These were truly amazing- no exageration, just the lightest simultaneously crispy and creamy thing ever. This is the rose petal crème macaron!!! Another favorite was the wasabi and pamplemousse. Pamplemousse (quite possibly my favorite French word) means grapefruit. I know it sounds improbable but really- it was delicious. By the time I post this I will have come and gone to Scotland and tried to carry these babies through the airport. They don't travel well at all even in their decorative clear plastic carrying case. They will have arrived, each a little dented, their smooth exterior crust speckled with crumbs, but every bit as yummy. I hope to bring some back for sampling stateside.

No comments:

Post a Comment