Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Near Death Experience at Likafo

Fictional recipe developed in a desperate effort to explain the horror of #351 at Likafo Chinese Restaurant, 39 Avenue Choisy Paris, France:

Take 1/2 cup sweetened Lipton ice tea powder and add enough water to make a paste, set aside at room temperature.


Take 1/4 cup full sodium soy sauce and
and combine with





1/4 cup white vinegar.







Set aside at room temperature. Add the soy and vinegar solution to the tea paste and mix thoroughly.




Pour over lightly fried dark meat chicken bits.



DEAR FRIENDS AVOID EATING HERE AT ALL COSTS!





Notice how I have cleverly relocated the bits of meat around the plate to look as if I ate something!

There was only one other diner at the restaurant at the time but the place is well recommended on the blogs and so we thought we would try it. He was a large man, serious and elegant. He reminded me, actually he looked exactly like Ving Rhames, as Marcellus Wallace in Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction. Initially he seemed to be enjoying his meal but after a few short minutes I picked up on his tell. He would take up his paper napkin wipe his mouth then drag it veritcally across his forehead, then all around his shiny bald scalp. He did this approximately every 3 minutes throughout his meal (I was keeping track.) I didn't mean to stare but I thought I should be prepared to leap into action should he need help. I was compelled to keep a watchful eye. I decided to stop eating. Kevin carried on valiantly and several hours later seems well and unaffected by what I am sure was a meal slathered in MSG not mention coated in enough salt to cure a side of beef.

Diner beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment